Old November 26th 09, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Maximum journey time changes

In message of Thu, 26 Nov 2009
15:20:48 in uk.transport.london, Paul Scott notvalidpmscott@btinternet.
com writes

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
I quoted the Journey Planner in asking TfL how the 70 minute peak one
zone maximum journey time was consistent with a customer just missing
the 6.12 from Hackney Wick to Kew Gardens and then taking 84 minutes if
trains run to timetable.

Shouldn't the maximum time allowed for that journey be 80 mins, ie zones 2
and 3?
The point is still perfectly valid though.

I think not. The trip is from Zone 2 to the boundary of Zone 2 and Zone
3. It is charged as a one zone trip and has a one zone maximum journey
time. i.e. 70 minutes in normal hours. I thought I had bellyached to TfL
that they have not reissued the "Your guide to fares and tickets ..." to
cover the changes. I can't find that email and guess I did not send it.
It is now late and not worth the effort.

I also made an FOI Act request asking how the September Tube maps were
designed. I was unhappy with a general response. I appealed and the
appeal was successful within TfL. TfL will start the clock again to
respond to that successful appeal. They asked me to clarify my question.
I have done so by phone. I must follow by email to provide a trail. I
should have the information in 2010, when the question will have become
history.
--
Walter Briscoe