Old November 26th 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default OEP

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:01:10 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:

" OEPs themselves are free but (and it's potentially a very big but)
they will only be available at places that already sell Oyster top-ups.
So you'll be able to get one in any TfL-run station, but - to use the
above Rectory Road example again – if I wanted to make the second
example journey above and didn't already have an OEP on my Oyster Card,
I would need to find a nearby newsagent that sold Oyster top-ups in
order to get one added to my card. I wouldn't be able to get one in
Rectory Road station itself. "

Which cannot be seen as anything other than "bloody stupid".

It might make more sense to make it a permanent switchover, so that
you either always can go out of zone (in which case you must always
touch out) or you never can. Or just enforce that touching in and out
is mandatory regardless of what's on your card.

Neil

--
Neil Williams