Old November 27th 09, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default OEP

On 27 Nov, 12:52, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
Then explain how you'd handle the following situations:
1). I sometimes visit my parents in Epsom, for which I get an extension to
my existing season ticket. I will not be able to touch out at Epsom so how
do I touch out. (And even if I can get special dispensation to enter
through

You probably don't need to. Next time you touch in it'll charge maximum
fare
from the station you started in the previous time, which since epsom is
beyond zone 6 is the fare you'd have paid anyway.

Erm I'd still have to buy the paper extension to get through the barriers at
Epsom. And I'm not quite sure what you mean about where the maximum fare
charged - is that additional?

Well, it would depend on how the proposed "always touch, even with a
travelcard" rule would be enforced. It's a bit hypothetical really.
You might not have any PAYG balance to deduct. Would your travelcard
be disabled? Would you be PFed? Back to Neil for suggestions I think.