Old November 27th 09, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default OEP

On 27 Nov, 14:06, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:52:27 -0000

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
wrote:

Then explain how you'd handle the following situations:

1). I sometimes visit my parents in Epsom, for which I get an extension to
my existing season ticket. I will not be able to touch out at Epsom so how
do I touch out. (And even if I can get special dispensation to enter
through

You probably don't need to. Next time you touch in it'll charge maximum
fare
from the station you started in the previous time, which since epsom is
beyond zone 6 is the fare you'd have paid anyway.

Erm I'd still have to buy the paper extension to get through the barriers at
Epsom. And I'm not quite sure what you mean about where the maximum fare
charged - is that additional?

I not 100% sure how its worked out but if you touch in but don't touch
out then the NEXT time you touch in a fare is deducted that I think would have
been charged for the maximum distance from your previous touch in to the
outermost travelcard zone. Whether thats zone 6 or amersham I'm not sure.

B2003-

This is just a hypothetical punishment for not touching a travelcard,
so it isn't currently worked out at all.