Old January 4th 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

G Crozier wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 10:17:21 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:
You are mistaken. It was over Staines.

I do beg your parden you are right it was a long time ago though.
The captain, or perhaps another member of the crew, prematurely
closed the leading-edge droops.

I know it was something of that nature ) .
Crew tiredness .

The captain had a heart attack.

Well the report stated Crew tiredness

No, it didn't. It stated "No question of fatigue arises in this case."

but I did think it was some health problem and he had mentioned
before boarding the plane that he did not feel well but put it
down to indigestion or something.

The only reference in the Public Inquiry report to Captain Key saying that
he felt unwell was on another occasion mentioned by him in a letter 4
months previously. He probably did feel unwell during the flight that
crashed but there is no evidence that he revealed this at any time.

Rather than rely on your memory, I suggest you refer to the inquiry report
which is at
http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...cst?n=5250&l=4

--
Richard J.