Old January 4th 04, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,misc.transport.rail.europe,uk.transport.london
David Eerdmans David Eerdmans is offline

Default Expensive cities, was: HELP purchasing Eurostar tickets off Friends

Phil Richards wrote in article
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:32:02 +0100 iMark
said...

A tip for people from the Eurozone travelling to the UK. Take out some
money from your savings account. London is incredibly expensive.

The exchange rate between the Pound & Sterling is a lot more favourable
for visitors to the UK now than say two years back. But I agree, London
(hotels and admission fees especially) is an expensive city compared to
others in the Eur ozone. Another expensive city is of course Dublin.

And don't forget the Scandinavian cities. I found especially Oslo to be
very expensive.

On the other hand, cities in Central and Eastern Europe are still much
cheaper than in Western Europe. Even Prague, where prices are much higher
than in regular Czech cities, is still cheaper than capitals in Western
Europe.

Regards,
David