Old November 29th 09, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Uncle-C Uncle-C is offline

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

Clive,
I had a railcard discount loaded onto my Oyster two years at at
Finchley Rd tube, it took less than 5 minutes. Last year I had to get
the discount reloaded as my railcard had expired and the oyster
discount expires simultaneously. This time I had to fill in a form
( to get my card registered as this was now a prerequisite) and it
took the clerk some time to sort it out. I'm not sure what is going to
happen this year as my railcard is again up for renewal. I've had lots
of problems and heated arguments with LU staff wrt discounted daily
caps for Railcard holders - several were 100% adamant that these did
not exist, they even showed my the relevant LU leaflets which did not
mention them. I told of that the information on caps which listed on
their website. There has definitely been a lack of information flow
and problems in edifiying staff of all the nuances of Oyster.