Old January 4th 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Historic Wembley railway

Hi all,

The summary of the planning application for (post-stadium) development in
Wembley is currently being given away in Brent libraries. One of the maps
reproduced therein is from the plan for the Empire Exhibition of 1924.

This map shows a railway starting at "North End Station" which is yards
southeast of Wembley Park station, at the west end of todays's North End
Road. This railway stretched southeastward towards the mainline railway loop
(whose alignment can still be seen on OS 1:25000 maps), but didn't seem to
connect with it, so presumably it was a non-standard railway technology.

Was this railway ever built, and do any traces remain? I don't think it can
be the "Never Stop Railway", because that presumably didn't have any
termini.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped