Old December 1st 09, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

In message
,
martin writes
The breadcrumb trail on the left hand side of the page hints at how
you can find it - but, for reference:
from www.tfl.gov.uk, click Tickets at the top of the page; under Fares
and Tickets click Single fares; then on the left hand side, National
Rail; and finally Discounted daily price capping - Railcards. Clear as
mud, I'm sure you'll agree.

Thanks. I don't know how I didn't manage to explore that particular arm
of the maze.

I can attest to the fact that the discounted capping works on buses in
exactly the same way as regular Oyster capping.

Hmm, that's odd as it isn't supposed to. At least from my reading of
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/9261.aspx
which says:quote

National Railcard price capping discounts do not apply if you only
travel by bus or tram. However, if you travel by bus or tram as well as
Tube, DLR, London Overground and some National Rail services, any bus or
tram journeys will count towards the daily price cap.
/quote

Which means, I guess that there are situations in which by taking a
short tube/rail journey you might reduce your total fare for the day. Or
have I misunderstood it?

--
Clive Page