Old January 5th 04, 03:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default OY-OY-Oy Oyster AAAAARGH!

In message , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
I need to rant!

I have an Annual Bus Pass and use the Tube only occasionally. It seemed
clear that I should get an Oyster Pre-Pay card to save money on my Tube
fares.

I filled in an Oyster Registration Form and took it to Burnt Oak Station
some weeks ago. I was told to return the first time I wanted to use the
Tube after the fares went up.

Today I wanted to travel from Burnt Oak to Golders Green and back. I
thoght I could get an Oyster Pre-Pay from the ticket office at Burnt
Oak.

After queueing for about 15 minutes, a rather tired and stressed ticket
clerk told me I couldn't buy an Oyster Pre-Pay so he could only sell me
a Standard Return to Golders Green. This cost £3 whereas I would only
have paid £1 each way if I'd had a Pre-Pay Oyster.

The queues at Golders Green seemed interminable so I gave up the idea of
getting a card there. The Ticket Office was closed on my return to Burnt
Oak.

[...]

I am not a happy bunny. I have tried to keep ahead of the game, only to
get thwarted by LUL staff who really seem to know less about the tickets
they sell than I do by reading the leaflets left around the stations.
;-(((

Were you trying to get your annual bus-pass transferred to Oyster or
just trying to get a simple Pre Pay Oyster?
If the latter, there was no reason why they couldn't have sold you one a
couple of weeks ago.
Were you given any reason?
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.