Old January 5th 04, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default OY-OY-Oy Oyster AAAAARGH!

Kat typed

Were you trying to get your annual bus-pass transferred to Oyster or
just trying to get a simple Pre Pay Oyster?

I wanted a simple pre-pay Oyster. I thought I could use this for my
casual Tube use, or, occasionally lend this to my partner.

If the latter, there was no reason why they couldn't have sold you one a
couple of weeks ago.
Were you given any reason?

I don't think reasons were given (I did appear with a form on 13/12/02)
but was told 'not yet'. Yesterday, (at Burnt Oak) I was told it wasn't
possible as I didn't have an Oyster Travelcard to charge with pre-pay.

There was someone trying to help at Golders Green but he didn't seem to
know about pre-pay Oyster despite brandishing a bunch of Oyster
leaflets.

I have now ordered a pre-pay on the phone but it is registered to my
Photo-card so I don't suppose I can lend it to my partner. I won't be
able to use it before 10/1/2004 so will have to pay a higher fare when I
go to Uxbridge on Wednesday.

I long for the days when there was a separate Season Ticket office at
Golders Green. Casual travellers were having to queue with many who
wanted rather more complex tickets.

It seems staff training was sadly lacking, as were the numbers available
to assist on what could be predicted to be the busiest day of the
ticketing year.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.