Old December 2nd 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford International now open

In article
,
(Jonathan Harris) wrote:

On 1 Dec, 22:44, trundlefast wrote:
On 1 dic, 18:37, alexandali wrote:

I turned up at St Pancras today and asked if my travelcard was valid
(from my local station plus zones 1-6). It gave 'seek assistance' on
the gate, but the nice man had a look at it, saw that it said 'any
permitted' and let me through. It was also gripped on the train and
then again failed to open the gate at Stratford International - let
through again without any complaints. I don't know that this means
that travelcards are really valid here though... I got my unguided
tour on a bus around the Olympic site - as the only passenger -
round to platform 11 and back into Stratford 'Regional' .

Thanks for that, Interesting stuff. How long would you say the
transfer is from SFA to SRA? The SE website seems to say it`s a 20-
minute bus journey and a five minute walk. Surely it's not 20 minutes?

I can't see why normal travelcards should be valid - doesn't a ticket
need to be routed "plus high speed" to be valid? The fare for
Stratford to St Pancras appears to be £5 single, £6.50 off-peak
return, £8.50 anytime return which isn't in line with the normal fares
within the zones but actually works out cheaper than the rail+tube
London fares. One wonders whether a travelcard routed "plus High
Speed" - e.g. from a Kent origin would be valid for unlimited travel
between Stratford International and St Pancras.

I note that there are returns to London routed "plus High Speed" from
Great Eastern origins but only point to point - no travelcards.

I'm not clear on what is happening with via HS1 fares. There are two from
Cambridge to Ashford (for example), via HS1 or not, but they cost the same!

--
Colin Rosenstiel