Old December 2nd 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John[_3_] John[_3_] is offline

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

As someone who lives well outside the Oyster area, my personal experiences
of this are as follows:

1. It was only thanks to this group that I was aware of the (senior)
railcard discount at all.
2. The discount was loaded first time at Paddington (Bakerloo) and second
time at Liverpool Street without problem.
3. Although I was asked to show my railcard, no mention was made on either
occasion that this discount was not forever, so this is something that
staff need to mention to customers
4. Again thanks to a recent post to this group I now know the discount has
to be reloaded whenever the railcard expires.

Finally I am still not certain of the validity of Oyster Off-Peak (with or
without the railcard discount) particularly whether this is all day after
9.30 or whether there is an evening restriction.

Regards JKB
"Can't you see I'm busy. I'm doing an application"