Old December 2nd 09, 04:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jeremy Double Jeremy Double is offline

Default DLR Train Captain Texting Whilst 'Driving'

wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
That aside, are there any automated railways anywhere that don't have
platform edge doors?

Vancouver

Kuala Lumpur (which is the same kit as Vancouver)
Copenhagen.

Copenhagen has platform-edge doors.

Only at the central area underground stations.

As I said in my other post, the open-air stations don't. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Me...nd_Station.jpg for an
example of a station that doesn't have platform-edge doors. There is
another example (Bella Center station) at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmdoubl...7622796173361/
--
Jeremy Double {real address, include nospam}
Rail and transport photos at