Old January 5th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CIG_BIG_CIG CIG_BIG_CIG is offline

Default Stored Underground Stock

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Is there anything around, anything that can be photted? I know the TFL
museum have some but have had a bad experience there so more
interested in the stuff thats around in something like its natural
habitat!

'72 stock units are at Hainault depot and Shoeburyness. They'll be difficult
to photograph, unless you manage to speak to the depot manager at Hainault
quickly as they are to be removed for scapping soon!

You mean a decision has finally been made to scrap them? Who is the
depot manager at Hainualt and is he likely to be amenable? Have
previously got some photos off the platforms of them at Hainualt.
Also, how will they be removed from Hainault, by rail or by road?

Thanks again!