Old December 4th 09, 12:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default DLR Train Captain Texting Whilst 'Driving'

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article ,
Graeme wrote:

In message
Sam Wilson wrote:

And T5. The acceleration on the T5 transit is quite impressive.

I've missed that one but then I usually access T5 by road from the
west.

It runs between the main terminal (5A, apparently) and the 5B
satellite hub. If you don't use the B gates you'll never get to see
it.

The opportunities to use it will double when the second satellite (T5C)
opens next year. The escalator down to the "APM" is pretty spectacular
(very long, and open, so you get some fine views, though the regular pax
tend to use the faster lifts).

The system isn't completely unmanned, as security people make sure all
the arriving pax have got off before opening the doors for the
security-screened departing pax to board.