Old December 4th 09, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

On Dec 1, 11:00*pm, Clive Page wrote:
In message
,
martin writes

I can attest to the fact that the discounted capping works on buses in
exactly the same way as regular Oyster capping.

Hmm, that's odd as it isn't supposed to. *At least from my reading ofhttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/9261.aspx
which says:quote

National Railcard price capping discounts do not apply if you only
travel by bus or tram. However, if you travel by bus or tram as well as
Tube, DLR, London Overground and some National Rail services, any bus or
tram journeys will count towards the daily price cap.
/quote

Which means, I guess that there are situations in which by taking a
short tube/rail journey you might reduce your total fare for the day. Or
have I misunderstood it?

After racking my brains, I recalled this coming up last year. It was,
indeed, possible for the Railcard cap to apply after only four bus
journeys, though the poster doesn't say whether they were all after
0930:
http://tinyurl.com/yzc5kuc (link to archived Google Groups u.t.l post)

As I mentioned upthread, the price of a one day bus and tram pass is
currently equal to the Railcard z2-6 off-peak cap, so it's all
academic this year. However, next year, the bus cap will be £3.90, and
the Railcard z2-6 cap will be £3.35, so it's possible this will apply
again after January 2nd.