Old December 4th 09, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

Michael R N Dolbear wrote

I just picked up the latest Senior Railcard leaflet "valid up to and
including 23 May 2010"

One additional item unknown to me was "you can now get a discount on

London Zones 1-6 *Anytime* Travelcard when bought as part of your
ticket to London (subject to a minimum fare).

I now see that this was discussed here on UTL Sept 2009 - "Senior
railcard discount - or not? - on Anytime travelcard"

I must have mentally misfiled it.

My question however is whether it is improper for a /SWT/ machine to
sell it since at least until 2 Jan 2010 SWT doesn't have any evening
peak restrictions so what you ought to be sold is a off-peak railcard
(except that "tickets for tomorrow" doesn't do off-peak except
implicitly by use of a railcard Railcard). Same if you bought an
Anytime day return with Senior Railcard.

--
Mike D