Old December 5th 09, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
neverwas[_2_] neverwas[_2_] is offline

Default TfL fare information for 2010

Single fare finder:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...refinder/next/

Many thanks for the links.

May I ask a numpty question about line closures and travel through Zone
1?

With the closure of the North London Line (NLL) in prospect I checked
the farefinder for (to take one example) Homerton to Kew Gardens. It
gave me an Oyster fare of £1.30 at any time. Fair (sic) enough.

But when I clicked through to "Plan this journey" for 2 January it
naturally routed me through Zone 1. And the same was true for the
period from 20 February when (IIRC) the NLL blockade starts.

Is the lower fare correct? Even if I am gripped (if that is the right
term) within Zone 1?

If not, should the farefinder have a health warning on the lines of "The
fares above assume you don't travel through Zone 1 unless you need to do
so. You [may][will] be charged more if you do in fact travel through
Zone 1 - even if you do so as a result of engineering works or other
events outside your control."