Old December 6th 09, 07:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default DLR Train Captain Texting Whilst 'Driving'

Neil Williams wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:53:47 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

Very small lift in a Paris hotel: only one door, hinged and opening
outwards. The front of the lift is open and allows passengers to "rub
past" the doors and walls on the way up. I've seen similar lifts
elsewhere.

I've seen them in Finland.

Set of lifts in a Cairo 5* hotel. Calling the lift is done by pressing a
centrally-located button in the lobby that requests a particular floor.
You are then directed to the relevant lift when it arrives. Once inside
the lift you can't "redirect" it to any additional floors.

I've seen one like that myself - I think it was in the office building
next to the NH hotel in Den Haag.

I've also seen those on the continent? Is there any particular advantage
to the centrally located button, over just pushing the button for the
desired floor in the lift?