Old December 6th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default DLR Train Captain Texting Whilst 'Driving'

In message , at 20:37:25 on Sun, 6
Dec 2009, " remarked:
Set of lifts in a Cairo 5* hotel. Calling the lift is done by
pressing a centrally-located button in the lobby that requests a
particular floor. You are then directed to the relevant lift when it
arrives. Once inside the lift you can't "redirect" it to any
additional floors.

I've seen one like that myself - I think it was in the office
building
next to the NH hotel in Den Haag.

I've also seen those on the continent? Is there any particular
advantage to the centrally located button, over just pushing the button
for the desired floor in the lift?

The bit everyone's trimmed, and was the main point of my posting (in the
context of this thread) was the extremely rapid door closing.