Old December 6th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default DLR Train Captain Texting Whilst 'Driving'

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 20:33:14 +0000, "
wrote:

That is primarily for disabled people, is it not?

It is, but it is a full-height enclosed lift, not one of those small
open stairlift things. Just the "car" in the lift isn't itself
enclosed, though the inside of the shaft is very smooth, presumably to
make it safe.

There's a similar one in a Scout building in Kettering. I guess
they're just cheaper than the "real thing".

Neil

--
Neil Williams