Old December 7th 09, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default "Use the full length of the platform" at Tower Hill

On 6 Dec, 22:15, (Neil Williams) wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:25:06 -0800 (PST), Paul Oter

wrote:
At King's Cross (where Met trains are much longer than Circle or H+C
trains) there are small signs on the tunnel wall opposite the
eastbound platform that are intended to inform people that only Met
trains stop at the western end of the platform. However they are easy
to miss, and easy to misunderstand.

Come to think of it, I remember seeing those. *But if they are seen as
too confusing (the Germans don't seem to have trouble with the
"Kurzzug" markers) they could just remove the misleading announcement
for Circle Line trains which don't even nearly "use the full length of
the platform".

I always wonder about these kind of announcements in any case.

No matter how hard I try, I can only ever use one escalator at a time,
one doorway at a time and stand in one person-sized space on the
platform.