Old December 8th 09, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default "Use the full length of the platform" at Tower Hill

In message of Tue, 8 Dec 2009
08:38:57 in uk.transport.london, Clive Page writes
In message , Huge
writes
Three times a *year*?

Yes, but since I only use the station a few times a year, that's quite
a high proportion of the time.

You should try trvalling from Bedford, where it happens
a lot more often than that.

No thanks, I find Luton quite exciting enough for me.

Don't get mad; get even!

I find it useful to complain when the service is deficient.

I used to complain about lying "first train out" at Aldgate. I got a
feeble explanation and a promise of better technology. The technology is
changed and lies less frequently. I am not sure it is better - one has
to look at next train information from 4 platforms to select the first
train north - the Circle and Metropolitan are deemed to run north and
south at Aldgate - they run west and east between Liverpool Street and
Great Portland Street; at Baker Street, the metropolitan runs north and
south.
--
Walter Briscoe