Old December 8th 09, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Paul Scott wrote

Update today, as far as I can see the new NR fares are now uploaded
for dates beyond Jan 2nd.

Using as an example Surbiton - Waterloo[NR], the options seem to be:

Anytime SIngle £5.00
Anytime Day return £9.80
Anytime Travelcard £14.80
Offpeak Travelcard £7.50 - same as daily Oyster PAYG cap

The current Offpeak day return (CDR ) was £6.50 (but has disappeared
AFAICT).

So "The price is only marginally higher" is £1 more.

I think £1 extra is a bargain for the extra validity you get. How many pax
just want to get to Waterloo after all?

But how much is a Esher or Hinchley Wood - Waterloo[NR] CDR which will
still be available ? both come in Off-peak and Super-off-peak
versions.

Esher - Waterloo:

Offpeak Day Return £8.70 - so more than the inboundary travelcard
Super Offpeak Day Return £6.80 - but no longer valid for return travel
between 1600 & 1900, as well as the existing morning restrictions.

I guess you're wondering if people might prefer to save 70p in the offpeak
and have an argument when the Surbiton barriers won't let them through?

Paul S