Old December 8th 09, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Single fare from 2nd Jan

elyob wrote:
On Dec 8, 4:08 pm, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
elyob writes

According to the TfL website, it'll cost me £3.20 to get from
Surbiton [National Rail] to Brixton [London Underground] ...

However, won't I be exiting at Vauxhall National Rail before having
to get back on again at Vauxhall Underground?

Yes - why's that a problem? (Vauxhall, like Brixton, is zone 2, so
it's basically a zone 6 to zone 2 ticket).

I thought that touching out of national rail could make the tube
journey a new journey?

No, the journey will be considered a single journey. Under the new
arrangements though, it can have 3 different prices, ie Tube [1] only, Rail
only, or in this case Tube + Rail. In your example Vauxhall [NR] and [LU]
will work as an out of station interchange, (OSI)

[1] where 'Tube' means LU/LO/DLR (and those NR routes that already accept
PAYG apparently).

Paul S