Old December 8th 09, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default "Use the full length of the platform" at Tower Hill

In message , Walter Briscoe
writes
Don't get mad; get even!

I find it useful to complain when the service is deficient.

I have complained many times to FCC about exactly this failure to warn
of last-minute platform changes. They send me a boiler-plate response
saying that they are taking steps to improve their passenger information
systems. The response is always the same, and indeed was the same when
Messrs Thameslink had the franchise. Since the PAS is actually run by
Railtrack (or National Rail or whatever they are called this year), it
is clear that the train operating companies have no influence on the
system, and really no interest in improving it. So it stays deficient.

I then complain to London Travel Watch who decline to take any action,
but say that it one of the general concerns which they will in due
course raise with First Group management. Then I don't hear any more
about it.

I have threatened to go to public meetings of London Travel Watch to
raise the issue myself - but unfortunately the last couple of them have
been on days when I was unable to go. Has anyone else managed to take a
complaint this far - and if so does it help?

At the moment, of course, it would be much more useful if people
complained about the FCC emergency timetable and tried to get the
franchise taken away from them because of their gross and persistent
failure to conform to the agreed service frequencies. Everything else
is a side issue.

--
Clive Page