Old December 8th 09, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:37:44 -0000, "solar penguin"
wrote:

I've been thinking a lot about my feelings towards Oyster, trying to
work out _why_ I'm so sceptical towards it. I think it's because I'm
sceptical towards the whole "zonal fares and Travelcards" concepts which
Oyster is far too heavily mixed up in for my liking.

You'll have to explain your thinking here. If there is a zonal, ride at
will, multi modal ticket available I would always purchase it. It just
gives so much more choice over travel options with little need to be
concerned about where you are going once you've worked out the zones you
want. Still I've buying zonally based tickets (all over the world) for
about 30 years or so so I suppose I'm used to them.

A point to point ticket might well say reasonably explicitly what it is
valid for - "A to B single" or something. With a fancy product, Sod's
Law says you stumble across the one service a week which doesn't
actually accept it (especially if an airport is involved!).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK