Old December 10th 09, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Leinster Gardens

On 10 Dec 2009 01:56:08 +0000 (GMT), Theo Markettos
wrote:

michael adams wrote:
wild guess

Another wild guess, but perhaps they're listed? Is it possible that the
whole street is listed, including the non-buildings?

Listing wouldn't necessarily prevent redevelopment, especially if the
new retains the appearance (or even the facades) of the old.

I have worked on many projects in London where a listed facade was
retained to front a thoroughly modern building built behind it.

I think Michael Adams had it right. He self-deprecatingly termed his
post a "wild guess" but I think he hit the nail on the head.