Old December 10th 09, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Uncle-C Uncle-C is offline

Default Single fare from 2nd Jan

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I've been checking the TfL
Fare Finder and it seems that if you travel from a LU station north of
Camden Town and want to head to a station west of Camden Road on the
NLL ( making use of the Camden Town / Camden Rd OSI) then you are
given the option of the "alternative" and hence cheaper route. This
option is extended to stations as west as Richmond. Seems very odd and
mightily unfair that if you are starting a journey north of Camden
Town (Northern Line) and heading east on the NLL from Camden Road then
the cheaper alternative is only available to stations up to Highbury
and Islington and then Stratford ( and not stations inbetween i.e.
Dalston K - Hackney Wick ). For any stations east of H & I Tfl are
pricing the journey as via Z1 and expect you to travel on the
Northern line down to Euston, changing onto the Victoria Line to H & I
before catching the NLL. Surely if you made use of the Camden Town /
Camden Road OSI the system would recognise which route you took ( non
Zone 1) and charge you accordingly ??!!
Looks puzzling when one considers that there is a Wembley Central -
Hackney Central "alternative route" Off Peak fare for £1.10