Old December 10th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:39:16 -0800 (PST), John B
wrote:

The TOCs will continue, sure. I don't see why, given that LU no longer
offers other multiple journey tickets on paper, they shouldn't shift
the ODTC to Oyster.

(it's not as if it'd be at all difficult for the millions of the
population who don't have Oyster cards to, erm, get one...)

The only problem is the outboundary ODTC. There'd be no reason to put
the inboundary card "on" Oyster - the plan is that capped PAYG would
replace it.

I can see it getting to the point in not too much time, though, where
TfL consider withdrawing from the through ticketing arrangements with
the mainline (or insist an outboundary period Travelcard is issued in
two bits - Oyster for London, paper for the rest) because maintaining
the barriers would be cheaper without all the moving parts in the
magstripe reading bit.

Neil

--
Neil Williams