Old December 11th 09, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Leinster Gardens

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

Recliner wrote:
"Fig" wrote in message newsp.u4r3pgz0m4iaeb@dell
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:06:06 -0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

michael adams wrote:

If you're interested in buildings affected by the growth of the
railways here's another one, this time on the District and Circle
Lines, which I came across purely by chance one day.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rdet8i.jpg

... which is here
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&....0 1,,0,-3.21

Totally off-topic, but I love the way our PCSO chappie is chasing
after the Google car. Wonder if he caught it?

Nice one! Perhaps he did, because that sequence comes to an end
with that shot. There's a different set of parked cars in the Thurloe
Square sequence.

Only slightly different... the same lorry is parked at Pelham Street
in both, but that lorry is not visible at all in the South Terrace
shots, so the pic with the cop is in a sequence of its own.

That PCSO shot seems to be one on its own. He's not visible in any of
the adjacent shots (which he would have been if he'd just been walking
along the road), and the DHL Mercedes van which had been following the
Google car down South Terrace has disappeared in that shot. But the
adjacent parked cars are the same, so it must have been taken at almost
the same time.

I wonder if the DHL van got too close to the Google car as it stopped
when reached Thurloe Square, thus blocking much of the shot, so the
Google car reversed back into South Terrace after the van had gone to
retake the lost shot, thus annoying the PCSO?