Old December 12th 09, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

On Dec 12, 8:37*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
Just on that machines point, some machines at Euston, which are pretty
standard NR machines (can't remember the names of different machine
types) already have Oyster functionality, presumably because of LO.
Therefore, for all TOCs who use that kind of machine at least, the
work is already done without further redesign, presumably.

Yes but I don't know if those machines can set OEPs.

One thing I haven't see clearly is whether or not OEPs will be required on
London Overground (and for that matter parts of NR that currently accept
PAYG) - will the TfL branding override the NR status or does the
conscientous traveller need to carry a manual to a) do the right thing and
b) challenge any ticket inspector who disputes this?

No, they won't - absolutely, unequivocally not on LO and nor will
anyone challenge you, but I've also seen docs (sorry for vagueness)
that suggest it'll be the same for existing PAYG NR lines. However,
particularly on routes like FCC-TL where rules will be different on
West Hampstead-LBG from Elstree-West Hampstead, finding the relevant
documentation might not be a bad idea.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org