Old December 13th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:14:14 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
. ..

When entering the system outside of your zonal validity then the gate or
validator will make the appropriate deduction of an entry charge as if
the journey was being done on PAYG entirely. Therefore there is no need
for an OEP to be present (as I understand matters).

That's how I read it from the various 'official' info sources.

It certainly reads like that from the TfL pages. It seems it isn't
terribly clear in people's heads as there is a Mayor's question on
exactly this issue next week.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/...on.do?id=29203

Someone doesn't understand how it works.

She really ought to try posting some of her questions here. IIRC there have
already been a few that could have been answered by refering to information
already in the public domain...

Paul S