Old January 5th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster Cards on buses - 50% failure rate?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:36:52 +0000, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

You should worry. I got chucked off a bus once with a valid Travelcard
because "it's got the wrong logo on it".

I've had to stand and argue with a bus driver on one occasion who was
convinced my Travelcard (issued from the Fastticket machine at Milton
Keynes Central) wasn't a Travelcard because it wasn't on TfL pink
ticket stock. The roundel and the word "TRAVELCARD" printed on the
bottom orange bar did not seem enough of a giveaway to start with.

Mind you, the situation in London isn't as bad as elsewhere - an
any-bus daysaver (Bus Pass equivalent) or bus/train/tram ticket
(Travelcard equivalent) can be issued on anything from a normal rail
ticket to a two-line, traditional-style bus ticket. Recognising all
the possibilities is nigh-on impossible, so I've encountered
acceptance problems on many different services.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.