Old December 14th 09, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
trainmanUK trainmanUK is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity - update

On 14 Dec, 09:02, "Ian F." wrote:
As the original thread drifted, this is just to let you know that the
original plan didn't work!

Bear in mind this is pre 02/01/10.

Mrs. F. was told by the clerk at Balham that she couldn't extend her z1-3
monthly Travelcard to zone 5, unless it was for NR only. She ended up buying
a one-day z2-6 Travelcard as we needed to also use buses in Twickenham.

I'm sure he was wrong, but couldn't be bothered to argue!

Ian

--

I think you have got yourself confused. An extension ticket would be
for one journey only. So if the exstension is to the underground then

You say you also needed to use the buses around Twickenham but your
travel card would already be valid for that. Any travel card is valid
for travel anywhere in London on the buses regardless of the Zones it
is issued for.

So if you wanted an extension to Twickenham then a paper one would
have been sufficient.