Old December 14th 09, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JD JD is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

On 14 Dec, 20:08, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:41:46 -0800 (PST), JD wrote:

[big snip]

Stating fact - not an opinion. *Sorry if I am spoiling the speculative
fun!

Check Single fare finder 2010 - they will be the fares applied on 2
Jan 2010.

All the material states that "you willl not pay more that the TfL
fare" on routes that currently accept payg (accept Victoria to
Balham). *Not that "you will pay the TfL fare"

Sorry but it absolutely does NOT say that. *This is what it says

"You pay Tube, DLR and London OvergroundOystersingle fares when you
useOysteron lines that accepted pay as you go before 2010 (except
Balham-Victoria)." * *Stratford to Liverpool Street is a 2009 line which
charges LUL fares. It is also interavailable with LUL lines and has been
for donkey's years.

e.g.
Bond Street to Stratford is chaged at TfL fare (since this is cheaper
than the Through (TfL+NR fare)

Yes it is charged on that basis but only because Liv St - Stratford has
long standing interavailability with the parallel tube lines. *There is
more than one concept at play here and that has to be remembered.

There is only one chargeable route - it does not matter whether you
change to NR at Liverpool Street or not

Liverpool Street LUL to Stratford will be charged at TfL fares
(obviously)

I agree - as it is today.

Liverpool Street NR to Stratford will be charged NR fare (cheaper than
Through fare)

No it will NOT! *See above - it will be charged at LU rates as it is
today.

However, Bond Street to Maryland will be charged the Through (TfL+NR
fare) since it involves travel on NR on a route that currently does
not accept payg

Correct but then it is a different example.
--
Paul C

Again - I am stating what will actually happen, not what you believe
will be the case.
Again - check the Single fare finder 2010 for Liverpool Street NR -
Stratford.
The fare quote is correct. Yes, I work for TfL