Old December 14th 09, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JD JD is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

On 14 Dec, 14:01, "Paul Scott" wrote:
JD wrote:
On 13 Dec, 16:51, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Someone with a zonal season who fails to touch in at an origin
outside his
zones will just be travelling without a ticket exactly as now and
will be taking the same risk of a PF as he does now...
But assuming they touch out within their Travelcard zones, what
(penalty?) charge would hit your PAYG balance?

None AFAICS. This is a known loophole just as it is now, and has
been ever since seasons onOysterbecame available, because there is
no requirement to touch in if there is no gateline...

They will pay the Mixed Travel Entry / Exit (maximum fare) charge -
just as they have done since September

You've just dived in out of context. We are discussing someone who doesn't
bother to touch in outside his travelcard zones. He will be travelling
without a ticket, the system cannot guess whereabouts he didn't touch in...

Paul S

Which is why I removed the post pretty quickly after posting.
Unforunately, the mistake was replied to, and replied to and replied
to.......