Old December 14th 09, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JD JD is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

On 14 Dec, 20:15, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:27:05 -0800 (PST), JD wrote:
On 13 Dec, 15:02, JD wrote:

Z2-6 Travelcard onOystercard
Elephant and Castle NR to Kentish Town
OEP set before entry
Mixed Travel Entry charge deducted on entry
balance adjusted on exit to reflect Z1 NR only extension fare (which
will be the same as the Z1 NR onlyOysterpay as you go fare)
OEP removed by exit touch

I got this wrong. *As has been pointed out - this is a route that
currently accepts payg

Yes you did get it wrong.

If the entry touch is between 06:30 and 09:30 or 16:00 to 19:00 (M-F)
the fare will be £1.80 (TfL fare is cheaper than NR fare of £1.90)

Incorrect - the peak charge will be £2.30 as E&C to Kentish Town is a
Z12 journey. *Off peak the charge will be £1.80.

All other times - will be charged the Off-Peak NR fare - £1.50

No it will not. *£1.50 is the NR Zone 1 charge that can only apply
between Charing Cross - W'loo East / LOB / Cannon St and Waterloo -
Vauxhall and I suppose Charing Cross - Wloo East - Waterloo -Vauxhall
(and variants thereof).

Sorry to be quite so argumentative but this stuff has to be quoted as
accurately as possible (and I hereby guarantee that I've just made a
mistake by making that claim). *I have constructed a matrix of all of
the fares on the three tariffs for the various zone combinations so I'm
pretty confident I've got the basics correct. *Some of the route options
avoiding Zone 1 are horrendous though - I can't fathom some of those.

--
Paul C

The example was an Oyster card with a valid Z2-6 Travelcard loaded.
The extension fare quotes are correct.
kind regards