Old December 15th 09, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Single fare from 2nd Jan

On Dec 9, 7:13*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:38:43 -0000, "Recliner"

wrote:
I was agreeably surprised to discover yesterday that the Kings Cross St
Pancras LU station remain an OSI, even though it's no longer necessary.
I went to have a look at the new northern ticket office, exiting from
one of the old LU gatelines and re-entering a few minutes later via the
new northern gateline. My Oyster fare to the station was zeroed out as
it's treated as an OSI, even though I could have changed LU lines
without passing any gatelines.

Well it has to remain an OSI because PAYG is valid on GN services to
Finsbury Park and PAYG is valid on FCC to West Hampstead and south to
Elephant and LOB. As these parts of the Kings Cross complex have
separate gatelines then the LU site has to remain a OSI too.

I've not been back since the weekend, but there were signs up last
week warning that, from Sunday, access to the Northern Line platforms
would only be via the new ticket hall, while the MIP lifts were
installed.