Old December 15th 09, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

On Dec 15, 11:16*am, David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 02:33:33PM -0800, Chris wrote:
On 12 Dec, 15:09, MIG wrote:
I suspect that validators in trains now would be hugely expensive,

Too right - they would have to be permantently in touch with the
central database!

Would they? *I don't think the ones on buses are.

Buses are touch-in-only-flat-fare, so don't need to do any thinking
(the validator just does $BALANCE - $FLATFARE).

To do the same on trains would either requite a flat fare (which might
be a bit of a stretch), or really quite terrifying amounts of
technology.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org