Old December 15th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

On Dec 15, 11:21*am, David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:44:52PM +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:
[priv cards and Oyster]

That reminds me - my parents get staff rates on NR and the tube, because
my dad is a BR pensioner. *Is there such a thing as a priv rate PAYG
card that they could use on the tube rather than have to go to a ticket
office? *And how do they get hold of them if they exist?

Yes there is - they'll need a PAYG Oyster card but have to present a
pre-authorised form at a LU ticket office who will issue the card,
register it and set the "privilege" rate on the card. They'll need to
show whatever priv card they have for NR travel to prove their
entitlement when purchasing the card and also on subsequent journeys
(just like any railcard that gives a discount). They are then able to
travel at priv rate on LUL / DLR etc. There are details on the staff
travel section of the ATOC website so I suggest they try there first.
We have our own paperwork within TfL which I believe differs from that
for TOCs / ATOC.

--
Paul C
via Google