Old December 15th 09, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default TfL Farefinder

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:32:12 -0000, "Paul Scott"

Following the default that the journey planner comes up with would seem
most
sensible.

Except that what the journey planner advises in a great many cases has
no relationship at all to what the fare finder may tell you in terms of
routes. You have to manipulate the journey planner options to replicate
what the fares finder tells you. In some cases the fare finder options
(for alternative fares) are so wide ranging in the lists of "valid"
stations for a given route that a number are, to my mind, mind boggling
and utterly illogical.

Er... right. Then maybe it should just explain what it is displaying by
default, eg for the example above it could explicitly say it is for an LO/LU
fare. Then the 'alternative fares' button note could read that other lower
OR higher fares may also be available. Stan's point is valid I think
though, because the typical traveller is probably going to go to Waterloo
for the Jubilee.

Paul S