Old December 17th 09, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edgemaster Edgemaster is offline

Default How often to they update the tube map?

On 16 Dec, 20:42, Abigail Brady wrote:
On Dec 16, 6:19 pm, Commuter wrote:

Being reminded over the removal of the river in Sept, how often do they
update the Tube map, and is there a criteria for changing it? I remember
a few years ago we had London Bdg changed from 1 to 2 circles.

Something like every 6 months recently. *This is because the network
has been changing a fair bit.

*Nov/Dec 2007: London Overground, Langdon Park DLR open, East London
Line closes
*Mar 2008: Heathrow Terminal 5 opened
*Sep/Oct 2008: Shepherd's Bush/Market/Wood Lane
*Jan 2009: Woolwich Arsenal DLR opened
*Sep 2009: Imperial Wharf opened
*Dec 2009: Circle Line extension

We are looking forward to

*May 2010: East London Line to Dalston Junction
*June 2010: DLR Canning Town to Stratford International

After this it might calm down a little. *The next things that will
open after that I expect are the ELL extensions to Highbury and to
Clapham, not til 2011 and I believe 2012.

--
Abi

Was Imperial Wharf not still marked as opening soon on the Sep 09 map?
I seem to remember at the time that this surprised me, given the issue
date of the maps was so close to opening.

I did make a comparison between the March 09 map and the previous,
they often tweaked quite a few things between revisions -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/granded...er/3328810855/