Old December 17th 09, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_5_] Peter Campbell Smith[_5_] is offline

Default Doubledecker overturns in Battersea

Peter Beale wrote in news:7ouiqsF3rst58U1
@mid.individual.net:

Ian F. wrote:
"Neil Williams" wrote in message

I'm led to believe that that sort of thing also goes on in the event
of a plane crash (where the wreckage is recognisable as such).

Yup. Pretty much standard practice.

But why? What's the point of it? It seems just as stupid as blurring
out registration plates on cars in TV reports - anyone on the scene
could see them anyway.

The logic with airlines is that people may be put off flying with Air XYZ
if they recall seeing pictures of an Air XYZ plane in pieces. It's not a
new habit: I recall them painting over the logos 50 years ago.

I somehow doubt though that people will think 'better not get on that C3
bus, it might overturn'.

Peter

--
| Peter Campbell Smith | Epsom | UK |