Old December 18th 09, 02:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:14:21 -0800 (PST)
Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
On 18 Dec, 15:06, Simon Barber wrote:

I wonder whether there was any 'consultation' with passengers using
the branch. =A0It sounds as if there were a lot of them and that should
have made the decision. =A0The railway exists to serve its customers,
not jerks in the DfT or TfL.

I'm pleased about the closure because I'll eventually gain from it -
the increased frequency on Thameslink will mean Great Northern trains
are sent through the central section so combined with Crossrail I'll
be able to make a single change to get to work.

They could still have kept the new frequency even with moorgate. For every
southbound train to moorgate they could just have had a northbound from
Blackfriars reverse at City.

B2003