Old December 18th 09, 07:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:38:58 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
It would be a co-incidence if the southbound trains to Moorgate exactly
co-incided (at Farringdon) with the northbound ones from Moorgate. You
can claim it would always be timetabled thus, but such things are
exactly what makes a timetable impossible to deliver in practice.

Well if a timetable goes to pot then all bets are off anyway.

When I used to commute on that line 3 years ago the number of people going to
moorgate far exceeded the numbers going south via city thameslink

But the new service will be introducing many more useful "through
routes" than the old one ever delivered.

From my own personal experience I'd say only 5% of Thameslink passengers
use it as a through route. The rest use it as just another way to get into
central london or in my case to shuttle between KX and Blackfriars. Southbound
trains leaving Blackfriars were virtually empty in the morning rush hour.

B2003