Old December 19th 09, 12:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:47:53 -0800 (PST), D7666
wrote:

Except the majority of passengers that were using Moorgate are walking
on further e.g. to Bank area, Broadgate, etc.

Broadgate/Liverpool St are (as you say) very, very close to Moorgate
station. I was surprised by how close (I've been working around there
for a week or two and it's the first time I've really walked around
that area - and the distance from Liverpool St to Moorgate seems a lot
further below ground!)

Bank is a different one. To go there I'd get off at City Thameslink
and jump a 15 or walk from there, I wouldn't even consider Moorgate
and that walk. (Though when Blackfriars LUL reopens that's another
option).

The one big thing that I think is a proper loss from Moorgate is the
comfort of joining a train early at a terminus and having a good,
relaxing choice of seats.

Neil

--
Neil Williams