Old December 19th 09, 03:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:21:18 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

I have an 8 minute walk to my nearest tube station. Its fine on a nice warm
summers day but in the weather we've had recently or on a day when its ****ing
down its a pain in the bum. If I had to do a similar walk the other end I'd
really not be a happy bunny. And obviously I can only speak for myself but
after I'd done 9 hours in the office I really wouldn't want a cold long walk
to the train.

Each to their own, I suppose. Dress appropriately[1] and I can't see
why it's a problem, unless as you say it's heaving down, then the Tube
with a change becomes more appealing.

[1] I never quite get why I see so many people in the City walking
around just in a suit jacket in freezing weather. Even if your
employer is stupidly fussy about dress code, you could still wear a
couple of fleeces and a waterproof up to the door and just remove them
before entering, just like I presume the large number of City workers
I see walking around in trainers[2] do.

[2] I don't get that either. Why not buy a comfortable pair of
practical shoes? They can look as smart as the silly kind that crush
your toes or rub down the backs of your feet.

Neil

--
Neil Williams