Old December 19th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Dec 19, 1:26*am, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

Except the majority of passengers that were using Moorgate are walking
on further e.g. to Bank area, Broadgate, etc.

Broadgate/Liverpool St are (as you say) very, very close to Moorgate
station. *I was surprised by how close (I've been working around there
for a week or two and it's the first time I've really walked around
that area - and the distance from Liverpool St to Moorgate seems a lot
further below ground!)

Yes.

You may recall 3-4 yars back I posted a thread about applying for an
IT/comms job, with what was then ONE, at Liverpool Street - but they
did not interview me because ''I lived off their route inconsistent
with the possibility of call-out involved with the job''. That
Moorgate was so close, and very easy for my normal commute, that TL
would probably be working if ONE had collapsed, and that TL is (well
was at the time) a 24/7 route (at least to Farringdon) so could easy
get there at any time, seemed to have escaped them. This is HR of
course. I did fire off an email asking them if they knew where
Moorgate was but got no reply. Guess that attitude kind of killed my
chances anyway but then again you have to wonder if you'd really want
to work for a company with such a moronic view.

Actually I ended up doing a temp job in Finsbury Circus even closer to
Moorgate.

--
Nick